Within the mission, vision, and beliefs of the school district,the following organizational goals have been established.
1. Coordinate and Detail Assessments
· Assessments are critical to understanding student and program success.
· Assessments should be valid, reliable and comprehensive.
· A minimum number of assessments should be used that meet desired needs.
· The burden of administering, scoring, and reviewing assessments should be coordinated with appropriate and defined timetables.
2. Align Conversations and Language within SRBI Framework
· Graphically show a tiered structure with district approved interventions in both academic and behavior areas.
· Integrate with Professional Learning Community process
· Expand to focus on every student
3. Streamline Organization and Committee Structure
· Establish clear roles and responsibilities.
· Create maximum agility to foster continuous innovation.
· Create participation at all levels (central office, building administrations, teacher/relevant support staff).In order to address Goal #3, the following three levels of committee structures have been coordinated:
§ Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent
§ Curriculum Office (including Curriculum Coordinators)
§ Pupil Services
o Roles and Responsibilities
§ District analysis
§ Cross District analysis
§ State alignment
§ Program/Assessment coordination
§ District-wide PD
§ Equitable resource allocation
§ Regulatory oversight
§ Anticipating future needs and actions
§ Positioning the organization
§ Development of principals and teams
§ Broad community engagement and communications· Principal Council (PC)
§ Building Principals
o Roles and Responsibilities§ Responsible for successful, local implementation of initiatives
§ Local regulatory oversight
§ Level I issue resolution
§ Classroom/grade level coordination
§ Equitable distribution of building resources
§ Development of staff (Individual and school PD)
§ Local community engagement and communication
§ Coordinate communication both ways within the organization
§ Reviews proposals from CO
§ Establish school teams within the same framework as district
o One large umbrella committee (District Leadership Team-DLT) with relevant number of subcommittees
§ Broad committee chaired by a representative from each level (central office, principal, staff)
§ Large committee broadly represented
§ Subcommittees would be represented by a minimum of one large committee member and relevant District specialists.
o Roles and Responsibilities of Large Committee (District Leadership Team)
§ Assist with communication to SITs, PC, & CO
§ Offer broad feedback on initiatives
§ Monitor coordination/impact of initiatives
§ Establish (with assistance), monitor, coordinate, and dissolve subcommittees
§ Assist in designing, implementing, and sustaining plans
§ Provide an avenue for implementation feedback
§ Reviews proposals from PC
o Roles and Responsibilities of Subcommittees
§ At least one member of the large committee on sub-committees
§ Duration of committee will vary depending on focus
§ Creation and execution related to specifically defined task or objective
§ Operate within clear direction, timetable, and assessment measures of success
§ May initiate ideas to be considered and sent to CO