Claude Chester Can Today and Everyday!Work Hard Dream Big!Dear Parents/Guardians,
I am so proud to be the principal of Claude Chester School. It is such an amazing place to be! Please continue to use the website to view our School Improvement Plan which outlines our three main focus areas each year. It is a working document that we review and revise often based upon the needs of our students. Below is just SOME wonderful information about CC.
· CC is a Responsive Classroom School. We proactively promote positive behavior through interactive modeling and hold Morning Meetings every morning. Every adult is in a Morning Meeting everyday. We have three basic rules: BeRespectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe. We have a fourth "rule" to Be Your Best. We take time at the beginning of the year to proactively review and model all rules and procedures school-wide and within the classroom to set students up for success.
· CC has after school clubs and offer enrichment opportunities to our students through various organizations such as New England Science and Sailing.
· CC continues to have Adult Mentors helping out students on a weekly basis. If you are interested in becoming an Adult Mentor please contact the school.
- CC also empowers student leaders to act as peer mentors to younger students.
· CC provides every student with a daily intervention block (SRBI Block) to help accelerate learning.
· CC uses Ipads daily to enhance instruction. Students in grades 2 through 5 each have a cart of chromebooks to use on a daily basis.
· CC teachers recommend students monthly as PUPs (Positive Uplifting Person) of the Month to students who are exhibiting excellent behaviors.
· CC has a committed PTO who are constantly looking for ways to help our school.Thank you for your continued support!
Jamie GiordanoClaude Chester School Where Possibilities are Endless!
(This quote was created by Grade 5 students in 2011-2012)